Sunday

To past posts

Not long ago, I published, then deleted, a rant about the desire to be single when focusing on spirituality. When seeking one's path, I still find that space needs to be given to the individual in order to find connection to the WHOLE. But, in my readings, I have stumbled across something new/ancient, which challenges this perspective. Given the vibe of the blog, I felt the need to post an excerpt:

...He acknowledges an archetypal aspect of this path. It is not taken alone; there is always the 'other' - master, disciple, pupil, sister, wife, friend, beloved - who is the silent partner, who represents the human love and care, who carries the other side, gives encouragement by believing, and is the mortal twin of the immortal urge...

...this dependent relation to the Mother archetype is inevitable. ...Only in the West is this attitude questionable, for we tend to view negatively the relm of the Mother and to call that inevitable dependency upon the material limits in which we are set a 'complex'. We in the West are often too quick to condemn the 'Mother' thereby cutting ourselves off from our own ground.

(James Hillman, Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man Commentary pp. 238; Shambala Publications Inc, 1970.)

No comments: